Here are the ten best real estate books for investors that you must read if you want to become successful in the world of the real estate business. Some books are for beginners and some for advanced. Read according to the list I am describing them.
So here are the things you will learn by reading these best real estate books for investors.
- The top three books will be on core real estate investing.
- Two books will be on the core mindset.
- One will be on the basics of world economics (according to the legendary economist Adam Smith, Karl Marx, John Maynard Keynes, and others).
- Two will be on complete Due Diligence ( property research techniques).
- One will be on selling techniques. How to sell a property? How to convince people to buy? and
- One will be on decision making & emotional control (the most important one).
Table of Contents
Ten Best Real Estate Books for Investors
Read these best real estate books for investors very carefully, do not neglect a single one. These can be a gold mine for you.
1. ABC’s of Real Estate
This book will teach you the basic concept of demand and supply in a market by identifying the market trend that might cause a change in that area.
- Title: The ABC’s of Real Estate by Ken McElroy
The book will also help you to identify the market cycles, which consist of 4 phases:
- The Recovery phase
- Expansion phase
- Hyper-supply phase, and
- The recession phase.
With that, read the “Advance book of real estate.”
Read also: Best Real estate books of all time
2. Advance Book of Real Estate
One of the best real estate books for investors. This one is a little deeper than the previous one. This book takes you to the deepest point of the real estate business with some good mathematical calculations on the market condition.
- Title: Advance Book of Real Estate by Ken McElroy
By combining these two books, you can gain immense knowledge of the real estate industry.
I recommend you to read these books physically to understand the graphs accurately. Amazon Kindle is ok, but a physical book will make things clear for you.
3. ABC’s of Property Management
A good book on property management by the same author Ken McElroy.
- Title: ABC’s of Property Management by Ken McElroy
This one will teach you:
- How to manage a property?
- How to take out rents at the right time?
- How to handle the tenant’s objection?
A must-read if you want to invest in rental properties.
4. Guide to Investing
This book tells you some very core investing methods that no other book has shared before. It works on your attitude toward real estate investing.
- Title: Guide to Investing by Robert Kiyosaki
The book teaches you some basic investing principles:
- How to invest in the right direction?
- How to control your investment?
- How to enter and exit that investment?
- How to reduce your risk?
- How to create a business plan with the B-I triangle?
Guide to investing book will prepare you for everything you might face in the rode.
5. The Millionaire Real Estate Investor
Gary Keller shared the base principle of his massive success in this small book with some helpful graphs. His best manta is “Big Models, Big goals, and Big mission.”
- Title: The Millionaire Real Estate Investor by Gary Keller
The book teaches you how to think like a millionaire real estate investor. Alongside some basic information on generating quality leads and some mathematical calculations in property investing.
This book is perfect for a beginner investor.
6. The Worldly Philosopher
One of the best books on world economics. A combination of thought processes from Adam Smith, Karl Marx, John Maynard Keynes, and others.
- Title: The Worldly Philosopher by Robert Heilbroner
This one is not an easy read, written a long time ago. The choice of words might cause a problem for you. But, it’s an outstanding book on basic economics.
After reading the book, you will understand the whole economic system and some answers that everybody is after, like:
- How does the money work?
- Why did they create the banks?
- What is capitalism?
- What might be the best time to invest?
- What factors might cause a crash or a trend in the economy?
Just read it.
7. Thinking Fast and Slow
Yes, this book is not on real estate. But, it will help you to make the right decision about your investment, correct your mistakes, and find the best investment possible in your area.
- Title: Thinking Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman
Think book tells you to see the other side of the coin by asking deep questions. There is no match for this book, a masterpiece.
8. Tax-Free Wealth
Want to control your tax expenses? Read this, a simple guide to tax management in the world of real estate business.
There are certain loopholes in the law that you can use to reduce your taxes, and sometimes up to zero. Yes, up to 0%.
- Title: Tax-Free Wealth by Tom Wheelwright
For example, under section 54 Income Tax Act (the 1031 tax exchange in the USA), an individual selling a residential property can avail of tax exemptions from Capital Gains if all the capital gains are re-invested in a residential house.
In the same way, there are a ton of loopholes and examples explained in this book. Read to save more taxes.
9. Real Book of Real Estate
It’s one of the best books on Due Diligence (property research techniques) with some real-life formulas from some real-life millionaire real estate investors.
- Title: Real Book of Real Estate by Robert Kiyosaki
They had shared (a total of 20 investors) their whole life journey in this book. What did they do right, or what did they do wrong? And what you should avoid in your journey in every niche in real estate, for example in:
- Land or Plot
- Commercial buildings
- Retail shops
- Rental property
You can get an unmatchable real-life experience with this book. As Robert says, “The real book of real estate.”
10. Influence the Psychology of Persuasion
A best-selling book on sales psychology that 99% of salespeople use to convince or influence a client with five basic rules of influence. And those are:
- Social proof
- Authority and
We all know these buy unconsciously, everywhere people use these formulas to convince us to buy something or force us to do a task willingly. These are all influences.
- Title: Influence the Psychology of Persuasion by Robert Cialdini
I would say this is the way of life, “Influence the psychology of persuasion.”
So, there are the ten best real estate books for investors. I think these are unmatchable in property investing. For more real estate books, movies, and TV show reviews read the below articles.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What are the best real estate books?
The millionaire real estate investor, real book of real estate, and ABC’s of real estate are the top real estate books for beginners.
Which book is the best to start investing?
The millionaire real estate investor by Gary Keller is the best book for beginner to learn the basic concept of real estate investing.
How to manage real estate taxes?
Read Tax Free Wealth by Tom Wheelwright to under the whole concept of real estate tax and how to reduce it.